FREIGHT REFUND INFOR & DOCUMENTS
GOVERNMENT OF KIRIBATI
MINISTRY OF FINANCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Phone: (686) 74021806 , Facsimile: (686) 21307, Address: PO Box 67
New procedures for the 50% advance Freight refund to Suppliers.
Before Departure: 50% Advance Freight Refund is payable upon receiving and complying to the followings:
1) The Freight claims must be submitted for each voyage, meaning the freight claims must be for each trip only. Submission of the 50% advance freight refund for multiple trips is not allowed.
2) Freight claims must be supported with the written confirmation that the vessel has already departed Betio Port with details showing the vessel's name, date and time of departure. This written confirmation must be certified (signed) and Paid Stamp by KPA, the carrier,and Director of Marine Services.
3) The original receipt- Paid Stamp- must be attached, or the bank's confirmation that the full upfront freight cost paid by the supplier had hit the carrier’s bank account, and
4) Manifest (or the prescribed Form) listing down all goods purchased (and their corresponding copy of paid invoices issued to the consignee) loaded on that vessel and the carrier's confirmation on the actual loading of the goods.
The full refund (other 50%) will be released under the following requirements.
1) Submission of the original Bill of lading and the ORIGINAL SIGNED Shipping Instruction for that corresponding voyage only.
Subsequent Freight Claim of the Remaining 50%.
2) The freight refund for the last voyage has to be cleared first before the refund of the following remaining 50% payment can be made. That is, the second 50% freight refund will be processed only if the last remaining 50% of the last voyage has been reimbursed.
These new procedures for the Freight refund do not repeal the existing ILF Regulation 2020.
Also as agreed this 50% Advance freight refund is an interim arrangement for six months effective from next week 4 April 2022.
(REFER ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILS)